"I think if you need a cheat day from your lifestyle it's not a lifestyle—that's a diet, and you're just fooling yourself." - Cara Cifelli
Cara Cifelli is a certified holistic health coach who helps humans feel confident around food and in their bodies. Through education, positive psychology, neuroscience, intuitive development and major realness, she offers her clients a personal, integrated experience that allows them to connect deeply to the woven-in-wisdom of their bodies so healthy eating and healthy living is fun and easy, not full of guilt, stress and shame.
Through private mentorship, online courses, the Love Your Bod Pod podcast, and instagram, Cara is inspiring others to live fully self-expressed, free from societies expectations of their bodies and their lives. She's been featured in Mind Body Green, Recovery Warriors, Elephant Journey, and The Feed Feed and is the author of the book Body Wisdom now available on Amazon.
Follow Cara's story on Instagram: @caraskitchen
Find out more about her work at: https://www.caraskitchen.net
- 2:08 - Being who you think you're supposed to be
- 3:46 - Developing an eating disorder
- 8:09 - My breaking point
- 12:45 - Thoughts on diets and dieting
- 17:25 - Are your motivations coming from the right place?
- 20:52 - Dieting? Or a new identity shift?
- 24:33 - 3 steps to changing your mindset about food
- 30:29 - It’s okay to have coping mechanisms
- 34:58 - We distract ourselves with diets
- 37:06 - Masculine energy
- 38:53 - Ideal nutrition
- 44:00 - Teaching people to listen to their own bodies
- 49:48 - Connecting to your intuition
- 52:15 - Coaching
- 56:04 - Sisterhood retreat